HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
The WPBJA Home and School Association is organized to unite the home and school in providing high quality Christian education for students.
The Association enhances the home and school relationship through activities such as
- Planning activities to build a sense of community.
- Encouraging frequent communication between parent/guardians and school personnel.
- Appointing room mothers and room fathers.
- Providing volunteer services as requested by the school.
- Raising funds to provide instructional resources.
The Home and School Association meets with school staff and the board chair at the beginning of the school year to formulate plans and objectives. All activities and projects of the Home and School align with Christian principles and have the approval and endorsement of the school administration and local school board.
“The parents in the home and the teachers in the school should have a sympathetic understanding of one another’s work. They should labor together harmoniously, imbued with the same missionary spirit, striving together to benefit the children physically, mentally, and spiritually, and to develop characters that will stand the test of temptations.”
Counsels to Teachers, p. 157